Saturday, November 15, 2003

Duran Duran Toronto: John Taylor has aged a little (he was too pretty back in the day) but he seemed to be the *most* excited person in the room... the rest of the band, at least from where I was standing, looked quite amazingly well-preserved. The audience: about 51% male (and surprisingly macho) and all of us in our thirties! the worst in 80s fashion on display as expected (I never thought I'd see anyone in shiny spandex tights and a rocker jacket ever again and so many see-through top/black bra combos). The set list: most of the early 80s hits (6 songs from the much-beloved-by-me 1st lp, I've listened to that record more than anything else I've ever owned- twice a day at least, every day of junior high- it still holds up really well, but maybe I'm a little biased;), a very robust version of Wild Boys, and only a couple of new songs... headed to Detroit tonight so will report more and clandestine pictures when I return... pics from Toronto:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home